loader image




A PPL(H) allows you to fly for fun, take family and friends flying, and carry out agricultural work with your own aircraft on your own property. You cannot get paid for any flying with a PPL(H).

You can begin training at any age, byt must be at least 15 years of age to fly solo and 17 to do the PPL(H) flight test. 

Must have a current medicate certificate (Class 1 or 2 Aviation Medical)


  • Minimum of 50 hours flight training
  • ARN, ASIC and Medical
  • Must pass a CASA theory examination covering all subject content. 
  • Final flight test. 


A CPL(H) allows you to be employed to fly for a living in a range of exciting career opportunities. These include tourism, training, air rescue, and agricultural operations to name a few.


You can begin training at any age, but must be at least 15 to fly solo and 18 to sit the CPL flight test.


Applicants must have a current medical certificate (Class 1 Aviation Medical).


• Minimum 125 hours flight training (or 105 hours if the last 30 hours are completed within 3 months)
• ARN, ASIC and Medical (see Fit and Proper person below)
• 7 CASA theory examinations (70% pass rate, Aviation Law 80% pass rate)
• Final flight test

IMG_5682 (2)


Both PPL and CPL require you to study seven theory subjects. The PPL has a single theory exam, while the CPL requires more in-depth knowledge so has seven exams (one for each subject).

You can either complete all your theory before beginning practical training, or complete the theory and practical flight training at the same time.

Subjects are:
• Air Law
• Navigation
• Meteorology
• Aerodynamics
• Human Factors
• Basic Aeronautical Knowledge
• Operations Performance and Planning

Theory can be learnt through our classroom courses (run on demand), one-on-one tuition, or self-study. For guidance on choosing the best option for you, just give us a call.


To become a pilot, you must be both physically and mentally fit and proper. This means no serious health concerns or criminal background. The following checks will be completed either before or during your training:

Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
This personal ID number provides an easy way of tracking all your aviation paperwork and is required to book medicals, exams, etc.

Visit https://www.casa.gov.au/ and search for “ARN”

Aviation Medical
All pilots undergo a regular medical check-up to ensure they are fit to fly. While you can begin training without a medical check, we recommend you obtain a medical first, just in case there are any unexpected health issues.

A commercial pilot carrying passengers requires a Class 1 Aviation Medical, while a private pilot requires a simpler Class 2 Aviation Medical.

This is a security check required before CASA will grant you a licence.

If you have any criminal background please advise us before beginning training.